Monday, November 29, 2010
July 31, 10:07 AM Anthony G. Martin
In a stunning development that could potentially send the nation into a Constitutional crisis, an astute attorney who is well-versed in Constitutional law states that the ruling against the state of Arizona by Judge Susan Bolton concerning its new immigration law is illegal.
The attorney in question submitted her assertion in a special article in the Canada Free Press. Her argument states in part,"Does anyone read the U.S. Constitution these days? American lawyers don't read it. Federal Judge Susan R. Bolton apparently has never read it. Same goes for our illustrious Attorney General Eric Holder. But this lawyer has read it and she is going to show you something in Our Constitution which is as plain as the nose on your face.
Article III, Sec. 2, clause 2 of our Constitution says:
"In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction."
In other words, the Judge in the Arizona case has absolutely no Constitutional jurisdiction over the matter upon which she ruled. As the Constitution makes abundantly clear, only the U.S. Supreme Court can issue rulings that involve a state.
This means that neither Judge Bolton nor the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco , to which the case is being appealed, have any legal standing whatsoever to rule on the issue.
Thus, U.S. Attorney-General Eric Holder filed the federal government's lawsuit against the state of Arizona in a court that has no authority to hear the case.
The attorney whose heads-up thinking concerning the Constitution provides the legal remedy for dealing with this blatant disregard for Constitutional law in the article at Canada Free Press.
In a related development, another explosive discovery was made by those who actually take the Constitution seriously. The Constitution specifically allows an individual state to wage war against a neighboring country in the event of an invasion, should there be a dangerous delay or inaction on the part of the federal government. This information was cited by United Patriots of America.
From Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution, we find these words:
"No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay."
No one who is actually familiar with the crisis at the southern border can deny that Arizona is endangered by the relentless assault of lawless Mexican invaders who ignore our laws, inundate our schools and medical facilities with unpaid bills, and even endanger the very lives of citizens with criminal drug cartels that engage in kidnapping, murder, 115 bodies recovered in AZ entry routes, human trafficking, and other mayhem, including aiming missile and grenade launchers directly at U.S. border cities from just across the Mexican border.
This is as much of an invasion as the nation of Iran sending in a fleet of warships to the Port of Charleston.
The Constitution that forms the basis of the rule of law in this country says that Arizona has legal right to protect itself in the case of inaction or delay on the part of the federal government, including waging war in its self-defense.
This, when coupled with the clear Constitutional mandate that only the Supreme Court hear cases involving the states, should be ample legal basis for attorneys representing Arizona to go after the federal government with a vengeance.
Governor Jan Brewer and the stalwart members of the Arizona legislature have ample legal reason to stand firm against the illegal bullying of an arrogant, lawless federal government.
Obama is Victim of Bush's Failed Promises
Greener Pastures Column -- 5/ 15/10
Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first year in office.
Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever. Largest number of broken promises ever. Most self-serving speeches ever. Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever. Fastest dive in popularity ever.
Wow! Talk about change.
Just one year ago, fresh from his inauguration celebrations, President Obama was flying high. After one of the nation's most inspiring political campaigns, the election of America 's first black president had captured the hopes and dreams of millions. To his devout followers, it was inconceivable that a year later his administration would be gripped in self-imposed crisis.
Of course, they don't see it as self-imposed. It's all George Bush's fault.
George Bush, who doesn't have a vote in congress and who no longer occupies the White House, is to blame for it all.
He broke Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.
He broke Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.
He broke Obama's promise to end earmarks.
He broke Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.
He broke Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.
He broke Obama's promise to make peace with direct, no precondition talks with America 's most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.
He broke Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.
He broke Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.
He broke Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.
He broke Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.
He broke Obama's promise to have chosen a home church to attend Sunday services with his family by Easter of last year.
Yes, it's all George Bush's fault. President Obama is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending failed Bush administration. If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, all of President Obama's problems would be solved. His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel. North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.
Oh, and did I mention what it would be like if the Democrats, under the leadership of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, didn't have the heavy yoke of George Bush around their necks? There would be no ear marks, no closed-door drafting of bills, no increase in deficit spending, no special-interest influence (unions), no vote buying (Nebraska, Louisiana).
If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, we'd have real change by now.
All the broken promises, all the failed legislation and delay (health care reform, immigration reform) is not President Obama's fault or the fault of the Democrat-controlled Congress. It's all George Bush's fault.
Take for example the decision of Eric Holder, the president's attorney general, to hold terrorists' trials in New York City. Or his decision to try the Christmas Day underpants bomber as a civilian. Two disastrous decisions. Certainly those were bad judgments based on poor advice from George Bush.
Need more proof?
You might recall that when Scott Brown won the election to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts, capturing "the Ted Kennedy seat", President Obama said that Brown's victory was the result of the same voter anger that propelled Obama into office in 2008. People were still angry about George Bush and the policies of the past 10 years. And they wanted change.
Yes, according to the president, the voter rebellion in Massachusetts was George Bush's fault. Therefore, in retaliation, they elected a Republican to the Ted Kennedy seat, ending a half-century of domination by Democrats. It is all George Bush's fault. Will the failed administration of George Bush ever end and the time for hope and change ever arrive?
Will President Obama ever accept responsibility for something... - anything?
(Chuck Green is a veteran Colorado journalist
and former editor-in-chief of The Denver Post.)
The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it's about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.
1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.
2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning - I imagine - that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.
4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.
6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.
By the way, she was content to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn't let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.
You have just read the truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media, along with the Democratic Party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to discredit her. I guess they are only interested in skirt chasers, dishonesty, immoral people, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter ex-presidents' wives.
So "You go, Girl." I only wish the men in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals. I rest my case. Only FOOLS listen to the biased media.
If you've read this far:
First Lady Michelle Obama's Servant List and Pay Scale
First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants
1. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E.. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary to The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide to The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady
(This is community organizing at its finest.)
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe
FRIENDS.....THESE SALARIES ADD UP TO SIX MILLION, THREE HUNDRED, SIXTY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS ($6,364,000) FOR THE 4 YEARS OF OFFICE?????
AND WE ARE IN A RECESSION????? WELL....MOST OF US ARE. I GUESS IT'S OK TO SPEND WILDLY WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR OWN MONEY?????
Copyright 2009 CanadaFreePress.Com
Yes, I know, The Canadian Free Press has to publish this because the USA media is too scared they might be considered racist. Sorry USA!
Steven A. Camarota is Director of Research at the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C. He holds a master's degree in political science from the University of Pennsylvania and a Ph.D. in public policy analysis from the University of Virginia. Dr. Camarota often testifies before Congress and has published widely on the political and economic effects of immigration on the United States. His articles on the impact of immigration have appeared in both academic publications and the popular press including Social Science Quarterly, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, Campaigns and Elections, and The Public Interest.
His most recent work published by the Center for Immigration Studies includes: Immigration in a Time of Recession: An Examination of Trends Since 2000; Where Immigrants Live: An Examination of State Residency of the Foreign-Born; Back Where We Started: An Examination of Trends in Immigrant Welfare Use Since Welfare Reform; and The Open Door: How Militant Islamic Terrorists Entered and Remained in the United States, 1993-2001
Sobering information below.
It's easy to dismiss individual programs that benefit non-citizens until they're put together and this picture emerges. Someone did a lot of research to put together all of this data. Often these programs are buried within other programs making them difficult to find.
The following 10 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I also have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts...
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: www.fairus.org
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC,and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Verify at: www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Verify at: www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
Verify at: transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
Verify at: transcripts.cnn.com/%20TRANscriptS/0604/01/
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
Verify at: transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and social services by the American taxpayers.
Verify at: premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/
9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
Verify at: transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSC%20RI%20PTS/0604/01/
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US .
Verify at: transcripts.cnn..com/TRANscriptS/0606/12/
The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR AND IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY; IT IS $338,300,000,000.00 WHICH WOULD BE ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY FOR THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY.
Are we THAT stupid?
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
As we all do, I have some unresolved stuff from my childhood, and have been in therapy for about a year and a half, trying to reduce the impact that baggage has been increasingly having on my life. In truth, I started having some real anger issues after my Dad died; it will be 2 years this Christmas. In July, after being really stuck and not getting much out of my sessions, I came clean about being addicted to marijuana. I know one cannot really be physically addicted to marijuana, but I was seriously psychologically addicted. My day consisted of passing time between the times I could puff on my pipe and alter my consciousness. It was keeping me from really looking at my past and changing how it affects my life.
This is difficult to admit, even after reaching 90 days of being clean, because I don't want my readers to think ill of me. But I have to be honest, or I might as well stop writing all together.
The issues I'm dealing with are difficult; sexual and physical abuse, feelings of inferiority, having a dangerous, explosive temper--anger has always been my default emotion and a great way to keep people at arm's length. I almost lost my marriage and family because of all of this. Thankfully, I haven't, and I think I'm easier to live with these days. I'm not perfect, and I still have a long way to go, but I am on the right road and taking steps down it.
Why bare myself to my readers like this? Because I'm not alone, and maybe this will give someone else the courage and desire to change their life for the better. Because my sister never could face this garbage in her life, and is now addicted to things like Oxycontin, Valium, zanax, and is facing 13 felony counts with 7 having the modifier of being perpetrated on a juvenile. Because it can be better if fear doesn't drive your life.
If anyone who reads this wants to break an addiction or work on issues left from childhood, I am willing to give whatever help and support I can without risking my own recovery. You can email me at email@example.com, and I promise I will respond.
If this helps just one person, the difficulty of writing this will have been worth it.
With love, gratitude, and a new lease on life, I am, and always will be Kate the Right
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
It starts with the Prez. This country elected him, and we're paying for it-in Foreign Relations, Homeland Security, the Economy... My mantra in the past has always been we get what we deserve; and that was true with WJClinton GWBush, JECarter, et al. The United States of America do not deserve BHObama. I'm not a birther, but I do find it curious he won't release any records, including an authentic Hawaiian birth certificate. Those are side issues, however, compared to the socialization of GM and Chrysler, AIG and other big insurance companies, health care, banks that are going under or near to it. BHO wants to socialize the financial industry, and I believe he will use the BP Gulf of Mexico disaster to socialize the oil companies. As for employment numbers, the US Government employs more people than the US Private Sector. Take a minute and think about that.
Now all the bad news. Swine Flu: the outbreak that wasn't for the second time around. Major earthquakes in Haiti and Chile. Billions to Haiti no talk about Chile. And, really, was Haiti's infrastructure worth billions of dollars before the earthquake? The economic collapse of several European countries, Greece being the latest. Why does the US Taxpayer have to bail out Greece? The BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. The Christmas Day and Times Square bombers, who were thwarted by US Citizens, not Homeland Security (or as I like to call it lately: Homeland Insecurity.) And these are just the highlights (lowlights?).
Politics is unbelievable. I have never in my life seen politicians ignore their constituencies with such a dismissive attitude. Now, the WH wants to "regulate" the internet. I'm sure it will be a huge step toward socialization, then the USA's internet will look like China's or Iran's. I'm soooo looking forward to that.
I can't stop feeling I'm living in a fictional book. I suppose some of it has to do with coping mechanisms, but I really find it hard to believe what's happened to the country I loved so much. I have been a political activist since high school. I graduated in 1980, and turned 18 in May of that year, so I got to vote in the Presidential election that year. I was also very privileged to meet Pres. and Mrs. Reagan. There was a time in my 20's, a brief time, that I flirted with liberalism, but I was never able to get past the Right to Life and liberal disdain for it. I want to make it clear, right now, I am not a Republican, I am Conservative. I was angry with GWBush for starting this whole slide toward Socialism with TARP and bailout legislation.
So, am I the only one who sees this? Am I the only one who finds the news surrealistic? Am I the only one who believes that to save the USA I grew up in and loved, the Right to Life has to come first? Am I the only one who wants to yell at cars with Obama/Biden stickers on them? Am I the only one who is coming out of the Conservative Closet in an overwhelmingly Liberal area? (If you want proof, check out my Rep: Tammy Baldwin.) Am I the only one who thinks November is a long way off, and the bad stuff is happening too fast?
Friday, May 7, 2010
Merriam-Webster defines apartheid as: "racial segregation specifically: a former policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination against non-European groups in the Republic of South Africa". Arizona is not targeting hispanics, blacks, asians, etc. who are here LEGALLY, the AZ law is for people who are in the US ILLEGALLY. Apartheid, on the other hand, was a group of white Europeans who TOOK OVER South Africa, then treated the native population terribly. Natives who were in South Africa LEGALLY because, of course, it's their country.
While I believe Mr Gutierrez believes what he said, he obviously doesn't understand what apartheid is/was. Gutierrez was saying hispanics who are here ILLEGALLY can be compared to Mr Nelson Mandella. Really?
So, name me the illegal immigrant in prison in the United States of America who is being held as a POLITICAL PRISONER and being TORTURED by the government. (Actually, the government tortures ME rather than illegals.) Can anyone come up with a name? NO!
To follow the allegory even further, name me immigration laws that discriminate against LEGAL IMMIGRANTS or AMERICAN CITIZENS. We have a RIGHT and a DUTY to protect our borders. We have a reasonable expectation of our government to protect our national borders, and the FEDERAL government isn't doing the job. AZ is a border state with Mexico and has borne a huge cost due to illegal immigration, and the state finally got fed up enough to enforce CURRENT FEDERAL LAW.
By the way, kudos to The Vanderbilt University professor on Hannity on 5/6 who correctly, and for the first time I've heard during this ridiculous debate, stated that the AZ law merely parrots federal immigration law.
My official position is that we support Arizona. I'm gonna spend some money at AZ owned businesses. I hope I'm not the only one.
Friday, April 30, 2010
What do Cows, the Constitution and the Ten Commandments Have in Common?
Think about this:
3.The Ten Commandments
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington?
And, they tracked her calves to their stalls But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow..
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.
3.THE 10 COMMANDMENTS
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse or Congress is this--you cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of Lawyers, Judges and Politicians; it creates a hostile work environment.
Also, think about this: if you don't want to forward this url for fear of offending someone--YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is time for America to speak up!
Yep, I posted it.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
- Gross Total Spending: $1.2 Trillion
- Medicare Cuts: $523.5 Billion
- $202 Billion from Medicare Advantage
- At least 4.8 million fewer seniors will receive Medicare Advantage benefits
- Tax Hikes: $569.2 Billion
10 Years of Taxes, Six Years of Spending:
- The bill raises $60 billion in taxes before any of the major benefits go into effect.
- Democrats are promising to pass a doc fix bill that could cost at least $371 billion, after they pass this bill.
- Democrats rely on new Social Security revenue and new Medicare taxes and cuts to achieve the appearance of deficit reduction, but these funds are meant to pay Social Security & Medicare benefits, not fund a new entitlement. If you remove the Medicare double counting, the bill increases the deficit by $260 billion.
Massive Tax Increases on Job Creators & Investors:
- 20% Income Tax Hike: Currently, the top marginal Federal tax rate on earned income is 37.9% (35% income tax + 2.9% Medicare tax). After the health care bill is implemented and Congress lets the tax cuts expire, the top Federal tax rate on earned income will be 45.4% (39.6% income tax + 3.8% Medicare tax + 2% exemption phase-out).
- 37% Investment Tax Hike: Currently, the top rate on Capital Gains and Dividends is 15%. After the health care bill is implemented and if Congress adopts the President's Budget, the top rate on Capital Gains and Dividends will be 23.8%. (Note: If current law expires as scheduled, the top rate on dividends will be 43.4% or a 289% increase.)
- Hits Small Businesses: 50% of those in the top tax bracket (all of whom will pay these higher taxes) earn at least 25% of their income from small businesses.
- Triples the employer mandate tax from $750 to $2,000 per employee.